Forums
Bronchitis Symptons Diagnostic: Why and How I Quit Smoking - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://fabianmcgee.createmybb3.com)
+-- Forum: what is bronchitis (https://fabianmcgee.createmybb3.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: treating bronchitis (https://fabianmcgee.createmybb3.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Bronchitis Symptons Diagnostic: Why and How I Quit Smoking (/thread-56.html)

Bronchitis Symptons Diagnostic: Why and How I Quit Smoking - fabianmcgee - 07-24-2016

[size=4][b]Bronchitis Symptons Diagnostic - Why and How I Quit Smoking[/b][/size][hr]Don't remember the day I started smoking, but I do remember why. My husband smoked. When we kissed, he tasted like a full ashtray smells. I started smoking so that that wouldn't bother me so much, but I knew better.

[size=large][b]All Through High School, P.E[/b][/size][hr]And health teachers preached the deleterious effects of tobacco smoke on the body. Television, newspapers, magazines, doctors, and the Surgeon General all reported that cigarette smoking caused cancer, emphysema, and many other health problems. I didn't need to hear or read their stories. Both my parents have smoked since their teens. I saw firsthand what smoking does to the smoker. This article on Bronchitis was written with the intention of making it very memorable to its reader. Only then is an article considered to have reached it's objective.

[size=large][b]"Suck the Salt Off and Spit Out the Seeds," He Said[/b][/size][hr]"Salt cuts the craving for nicotine." It worked. For six weeks, I carried sunflower seeds around with me. Anytime I started to crave a cigarette, I popped four or five sunflower seeds in my mouth. The times I felt foolish for constantly having sunflower seeds in my mouth, I would just remember the new skirt I had thrown away. Don't misunderstand. Quitting cigarettes was the hardest thing I ever did, but I was more determined than I had ever been. Quality is better than quantity. It is of no use writing numerous pages of nonsense for the reader. Instead, it is better to write a short, and informative article on specific subjects like Bronchitis. People tend to enjoy it more.

[size=large][b]Was Terrified[/b][/size][hr]If I had not wakened from the smell of burning fabric, I might have died, or at least been badly burned. The new skirt I was wearing had eight holes burned through it. The folds of fabric had protected my skin until I awoke. When I realized that I had risked my life, and ruined a brand new skirt, anger replaced the terror I felt--anger at myself.

[size=large][b]Learning to Smoke Was Difficult for Me[/b][/size][hr]I had so many reasons not to, that I really had to push to get it done. After years and years of second hand smoke exposure, my health began to deteriorate immediately. By the end of the first year, I had chronic bronchitis. Cigarettes became a crutch. If life was stressful, I smoked. If I was ill, I smoked. If everything was great, I smoked. My habit was so bad, I couldn't drive down the street or cook a meal without smoking. The first thing I did in the morning was light a cigarette. The last thing I did at night was put one out.

Don't remember the day I started smoking, but I'll never forget the day I stopped. On June 2, 1986, I dumped the worst habit I have ever had. Was it worth it? You bet. I no longer have pneumonia every year. Though bronchitis still bothers me on occasion, and I have chronic asthma, most of the time I can breathe without trouble. Best of all, my husband quit, too, within a month of the date that I quit. We have had a smoke free home for more than 20 years, and we have both benefitted from it. We have taken the privilege of proclaiming this article to be a very informative and interesting article on Bronchitis. We now give you the liberty to proclaim it too.

[size=large][b]Nicotine Stained Fingers, Face, and Teeth are Just the Beginning[/b][/size][hr]Besides the offensive smell, there is the layer of nicotine that stains everything in the smoker's home:, furniture, walls, carpets, everything. On several different occasions, both my parents were extremely sick with illnesses directly attributable to smoking, eventually culminating in lung cancer for my dad. Cigarettes were so important to them, that they budgeted the smokes in with groceries. If money was tight, we ate beans and potatoes, but they never did without cigarettes. I promised myself in my teens that I would never smoke. I broke that promise sometime in the summer of 1981.

[list][*]After gathering all the cigarettes I had, I went to the kitchen and carefully destroyed each one, then dropped it into the trash can.[*]By evening I was suffering, but I refused to buy more.[*]Later, I learned my brother-in-law had just quit smoking.[*]He told me to buy salted, roasted sunflower seeds in the shell.[/list]

After smoking for five years, I thought I was doomed to be a lifetime smoker just like my parents. Then something frightening happened. I fell asleep in my chair with a lit cigarette in my hand. Unlike many others who died after they went to sleep with a burning cigarette, I was fortunate. I wasn't hurt. Not physically, anyway. We have used clear and concise words in this article on Chronic Bronchitis to avoid any misunderstandings and confusions that can be caused due to difficult words.
[size=medium][b]Guaranteed You Won't Experience Quitting Smoking Shortness Of Breath When You Quit Via NLP[/b][/size]

Antibiotic overuse (especially for the common cold) has led to antibiotic resistance. Natural antibiotics and anti viral herbs that may boost immune system are discussed, plus the types of cold and flu, and cough and cold in a weak immune system.

Quote:[list][*]Tiredness, Qi deficiency, & Weakness The fight may take so much of your energy that you can do nothing but lay in bed.[*]You may also lose your appetite, which is a sign of qi deficiency in OM.[*]Some people are more constitutionally weaker from birth, especially those with childhood asthma and allergies.[*]These are often metal or water type people.[*]They need to be especially vigilant in prevention.[/list]

[b]Vulnerability occurs particularly when you are tired, or from excessive environmental influences like cold, heat, dryness, and dampness- each of these is associated with a season when that pathogen is more prevalent[/b]

[size=large][b]15 Anti-Viral Chinese Herbs Proven Effective in Human Studies[/b][/size][hr]Andrographis (Chuan xin lian): Viral hepatitis, encephalitis B, herpes zoster, viral influenza Astragalus (Huang qi): Restores immune function in immune suppression from chemotherapy, increases IgA, IgG, and interferon production Deer antler (Lu rong): Promotes lymphocyte transformation and treats leukopenia due to chronic benzene poisoning, promotes bone marrow function Ganoderma (Ling zhi): Treats hepatitis, chronic bronchitis, cardiovascular disease, altitude sickness, cancer (especially leukemia) Ginseng Ren shen: Increases resistance by stimulating adrenal gland via pituitary Isatis (Da qing ye, Ban lan gen): Encephalitis B, measles, mumps, infectious hepatitis, URTI Licorice (Gan cao): In pulmonary TB, it increased ESR - arthritis and hepatomegaly from hepatitis - acute and chronic hepatitis Lonicera (Jin yin hua): Severe acute pneumonia, bacillary dysntery Oldenlandia (Bai hua she she cao): Peritonitis, UTI, hepatitis, chronic bronchitis Phellodendron (Huang bai): Meningitis, dysentery, GI infection, conjunctivitis, UTI, candidal/trichomonal vaginitis Polygonum (He shou wu): Malaria Polygonum cuspidatum (Hu zhang): Lung infections, tonsillitis, hepatitis, RA, osteoarthritis Salvia (Dan shen): Hepatitis, SLE Siberian ginseng (Wu jia pi): Xue and qi xu - improves leukocyte count in 70% of leukopenic patients - caution when there is heat Sophora (Shan dou gen): Alkaloids effective in countering leukopenia due to radiation Viola (Zi hua di ding): TB.

[Image: https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/979/imgs/why-quit-smoking-cigarettes.jpeg]

These OM disease theories are not without controversy; some biomedical research has concluded that cold temperatures, for example, do not contribute to getting sick. However, since biomedicine only became aware of the immune system in the 1960's, and OM has been treating colds and flu's for thousands of years, I would slightly favor the application of OM. It is true that OM's theories may be inexact at the same time that the treatments is applies according to those theories are effective. In another thousand years, once biomedical researchers and OM practitioners have tested and sifted through OM theories and treatments, we will have a stronger, more accurate, and integrated medical system. Once you are through reading what is written here on Bronchitis, have you considered recollecting what has been written and writing them down? This way, you are bound to have a better understanding on Bronchitis.

Superbacteria Medical professionals are now concerned about antibiotic-resistant 'superbacteria.' These superbacteria have evolved because of inappropriate medical prescriptions. Antibiotics are effective only against bacteria, not against viruses. MD's and DO's often prescribed antibiotics to pacify patients who refused to leave the doctor's office without them - even when the doctor knew the antibiotic would not help. The problem is that we are running out of antibiotic drugs; there is a finite number of them. It is thought that, in the future, the more complex treatment agents such as natural herbs may be our only defense.

Wind-Heat * Symptoms: Feeling of heat, fever more than chills, sore throat or cough, body aches, red eyes, irritability * Herb Formulas: More sore throat - Honeysuckle & Forsythia Formula; More cough - Mulberry & Chrysanthemum Formula * Kitchen Medicine: Mint or chysanthemum tea (cooling) This is a systematic presentation on the uses and history of Chronic Bronchitis. Use it to understand more about Chronic Bronchitis and it's functioning.

Chinese herbs have successfully treated and caused remission of viral hepatitis and AIDS. In clinical research studies on human beings, at least 15 herbs have been shown to stimulate the immune system and destroy viruses and bacteria (see next table). Chinese herbs appear to have an effect against bacteria and viruses directly, and they stimulate and strengthen the immune system (wei qi) in doing its job of ridding the body of pathogens.

Sweating (or 'exterior-releasing') is a major therapy in OM. The type of invasion may be identified by whether or not the patient is sweating, and whether or not that sweating is leading to improvement in your health.

[list][*]Fever is thought to be the 'heat of battle' between pathogenic and righteous qi.[*]In OM, you have a fever if you feel hot, even if your thermometer shows a normal body temperature.[*]Chills are a sign that the pathogen is winning, while fever is a sign that your body is winning. :o[/list]

Most people don't realize that western biomedical understanding didn't include the immune system until very recently. The first vaccine was developed in the late 1800's, and most of the immune system was not understood until the 1960's. Oriental Medicine has been diagnosing and treating immune system diseases with herbs since as early as 150 A.D. when the first systematic book on externally contracted illnesses, the "Cold Damage Classic" was written. The title of this composition could be rightly be Chronic Bronchitis. This is because what is mentioned here is mostly about Chronic Bronchitis.

[size=large][b]Oriental Medicine Concepts of Immunity[/b][/size][hr]Wei (pronounced 'way') qi ('chee') is the protective qi. This qi is thought to circulate in the more superficial levels (skin and muscles). In biomedical terms, it is probably not the entire immune system, but the part of it that deals with external invasions. Protective qi is controlled by Lung organ-system, and can be compromised by overwork, grief, smoking, not eating, and talking too much.

[size=large][b]Entrance of the Pathogen[/b][/size][hr]The Lung (a system of correspondences including the lung, throat, nose, and skin) is the most exterior and most vulnerable organ. Sweating opens the pores, and 'wind' enters through pores. Wind can be thought of as the pathogen itself, since another quality (cold, damp, or heat, for example) is usually attached to describe the pathogen. Wind-heat, then, is the invasion of the body by a heat pathogen. In addition to what we had mentioned in the previous paragraph, much more has to be said about Chronic Bronchitis. If space permits, we will state everything about it.